Flexible Skillet Dinner
Do you enjoy down home country recipes? Sure who doesn’t?
One all-time favorite is the skillet meal and no you do not have to purchase hamburger helper to create a great tasting skillet meal! Home fried families have been doing it for generations.
Here is one particular favorite in many homes around the country.
Potatoes and is just what you might imagine potatoes and anything you can find in the refrigerator or cabinets to go with them! Here is just one of many varieties you can create tonight.
- 1-5 Lbs. potatoes (depending on family size)
- 2- 12 Eggs
- Half-small onion
- Salt and pepper
- 1-3 pounds of meat (again your choice but favorites include smoked sausage, ground beef, bacon, and chicken)
This is possibly one of the easiest meals you will ever fix!
- Chop onions finely
- Peel slice and fry your potatoes and onions together
- Cook meat of your choice separately
- Crack eggs over cooked potatoes turning frequently to cook eggs completely low heat
- Add in meat and cover with cheese
- Keep over low heat until cheese completely melted
As with all country recipes there is always room for additions and substitutions. Meat can be left out altogether and you can add any of the following:
- Green peppers
- Picante sauce
- Tomatoes- cooked with potatoes or added as fresh topping
- Bacon bits
Recipe courtesy of R Moore