Butter cookies are a crisp, unleavened cookie, often baked around Christmas time. This simple, sweet, unflavored cookie is perfect for icing with rich butter cream, and for decorating with candied fruit.
Ingredients for Christmas Butter Cookies
- 1 cup soft butter
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2¼ cups flour, sifted
How to Make Christmas Butter Cookies
- Cream butter until it resembles whipped cream.
- Slowly add the sugar, beating well.
- Add flour gradually and blend thoroughly.
- Wrap in waxed paper and chill for several hours.
- Knead dough slightly on floured board, form into a smooth ball.
- Roll to about 1/4 inch thick and cut to desired shapes.
- Place on un-greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in moderate oven (350-f) about 12 minutes.When cookies have cooled, decorate with butter icing or candied fruit.